Monday, 21 February 2011

Nerves.

The countdown is nigh, buckaroos.

Next month will be very big for me. MY BOOK COMES OUT. LOKI TURNS ONE. THE SEKRIT PROJECT IS UNLEASHED ON THE WORLD. THERE WILL BE ANNOUNCEMENTS. :-D

*bewildered*

How did this all happen so fast? It only seems like a day ago I was sitting in my chair, my blackcat trying to share my extremely small lap space with my laptop as Loki turned circles in my stomach and my heart wanted to burst from excitement as I talked to my agent ...

"I have some good news, Jen ... "

I can still remember every bit of it.

And there are still more exciting things coming this year. In a way, I think that this (don't laugh!) shattered leg was an opportunity for me. I never really knew how much something could hurt. I had never really been in a situation where my life changed in a moment so profoundly, from an idiot thing I did. (Falling on absolutely flat ground has got to be a winner). I also never want to feel the way I have felt this last couple months - so depressed, and unable to do almost anything from pain and the hassle of this stupid broken leg. (I just kept thinking 'I can use this in a book some day!' Sick, innit?)

Right now I feel I need to give a shout-out to my dear hub's parents, R & J, because really? They (it's rude to call them dudes, I guess) stepped up to the plate and took me and Loki in and we've been staying with them this past couple months. I haven't been nice. I've hurt. I've been depressed. I've planned a blog tour and new books and everything in between while they put up with me and my writer issues. It's been amazing to watch them bond with Loki, and I anticipate sadness for both sides when we finally do go home.

WHICH IS THIS SATURDAY.

I am giddy for this. THIS Wednesday, I'm having my second surgery on this stupid leg, and then the doc swears I'll be able to start, you know, walking on it. Using it for what it's meant to do.

In the meantime, there's more fun bloggy interviews coming, and stuff. *g*

Have a great one!

3 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

There is always a silver lining, even around a broken leg. And I know several people here who broke their arms falling on ice, so you aren't alone.

This month will be crazy, but in the best possible way. Take time to savor every piece of it. First birthdays, first books, only come once.

So happy for you. :)

Heidi the Hick said...

STUNNING!

Hey, being hurt is the craps. But you're healing. You're so wise to focus on the good coming out of this!

My head is still spinning too...Couldn't be prouder unless you were my own blood, !dude. I am seriously in awe of you!

Alison Stevens said...

Hooray! You're coming home! Finally. I'll help cheer you up, 'k?

As for the leg, I am quite sure I'll read about it in one of your future books. *hug*