Monday, 28 March 2011

New book deal!

So, it's officially official, and I can finalllllly share!! I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to post this!


Author of POSSUM SUMMER Jen K Blom's THE SPOTTED PONY, about a girl from Virginia visiting her estranged father and his feedlot in Texas for the first time ever - learning just how fleeting real affection and friendship can be when she falls in love with the wrong horse, again to Julie Amper at Holiday House books by the Stringer Literary Agency


I grew up reading horse stories, was crazy about horses and to know that my Editor feels that this is a classic-in-the-making just totally stokes me out!

Horses FTW!

17 comments:

sue laybourn said...

AWESOME!!!!

Well done,lady!

That's the kind of book I used to devour when I was a kid. Brilliant!

xxxxxxxxx

JKB said...

AW SUE! Me too!!

It's the most exciting thing ever! I will get to mold young horse enthusiasts!!!!

BWA HA HAAAAAAA!

THANK you!!!!!

Jan O'Hara (Tartitude) said...

So great, Jenn! Can't wait to read it. Having read POSSUM SUMMER, I know you'll knock it out of the park.

JKB said...

Jan you are the BEST! :-D

**permagrin**

:-D

Thank you!!

jenniferemcfadden said...

That's awesome, Jen!

Cynthia said...

WOW!!! Congratulations!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome! And we share a love of horses, too! Sweet!

Stephen Parrish said...

Yay! Yer a multi-published author! Trumpets! Glory!

I am very seriously exponentially proud of you. And Marlene.

pseudosu said...

OMG-- Perfect! Go get'em rockstar!!!

Heidi Willis said...

Congrats again!! I know this will be as powerful and touching as Possum Summer!

xoxo

Lenore said...

The wrong horse?! How tragic!!!

Congrats again!!!

JKB said...

Jennifer - Thank you so much!

Cynthia, is there anything we two don't like about animals? HUZZAH! :-D

Stephen, you're a freakin' angel. Skype?

PSeu --- <3 !!!

Heidi, you're a darling, and I love you. LOADS.

Thanks, Lenore! Tragedy is my middle name! Ha ha ha!

Stephen Parrish said...

Skype, yes, interesting stuff is happening. Just gimme a day and time.

marissameyer said...

YAYAYAY! Congratulations!

Alison Stevens said...

Couldn't have happened to a better author! Huge congrats, Jen! :D

Patti said...

That's the best news ever, congatulations.

Sara McClung ♥ said...

CONGRATS!!!!! :)

Heidi the Hick said...

YES YES YES!! Yay! I've been waiting for this announcement!!!

Honestly I am so excited about this! A horse story - written by one of my favourite authors!!!

SPOTTED PONIES!!!!!!!!!!

And I know it won't be just another horse story. It'll be moving in unexpected ways.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

xo