Wednesday, 20 April 2011

How's that two books at once working?

Pretty good, actually.

I've done a little maths today, and if I keep up this pace, I'll have Outrider done next Saturday.

I started writing this book on the 24h of March.

I was also writing and finishing THE SPOTTED PONY draft for my publisher during this time. (Tho it took a little longer.) Also getting Loki used to her new daycare, but that was mostly fun.

That means this:

If I finish this draft when I think I will (30 April) I will have written an entire Middle grade novel, one I consider to be my best yet, in

36 days.

This would be a new personal best. POSSUM SUMMER's the closest with 45 days. This is? Totally cool. And I think once both these are done and off, I'ma gonna take me a big break.

4 comments:

Patti said...

Sounds like you deserve a break. Congrats.

Heidi Willis said...

I'll believe you're taking a break when I see it.

I suspect you don't know the meaning of the word. :)

Congrats!

Heidi the Hick said...

You deserve a break!!! Just don't celebrate by writing a new book. Oh heck I'm kidding- the more Jen K Blom books the better!

But do at least take a few deep breaths!!

You are awesome.

pseudosu said...

You continue to amaze me. :)