Monday, 18 July 2011

Big fat spider sitting on a web

Hola, compadres!

How goes it?

How is the writing coming along? Life?

I've decided to take a more relaxed attitude to the blog. Back in the day (ie before publication) it was that. Just meanderings, writing updates, and baby stuff. More calm. Then the publication got all up in there and well, it wasn't much fun trying to be Ms. Popular. I'm no good at it.

I was no good at it in high school, I'm no good at it now. (And I didn't care in Middle Grade, which is probably why my mind's stuck there writing wise). But the difference between then and now is that I realize - hey. It's a life, it's my life, and it won't end if I am not the super most popular writer blogger person of all time.

This, my friends, was a revelation for me.

So I'm going back to fun. Slightly rambling, cat pictures, goofy Loki, and book stuff too - but just not all of it. Also? My book signing reading thing is coming up on Saturday, and I'm getting mad nervous. Already, you ask?

Oy yae. << (yes)

I have already had a dream where I go to stand in front of everyone and I look down to see I am a naked mother fertility figure. Oh yes. Just not a good mental image (and it woke me up).

So if I make it fun, I reckon I can bring myself to get back on here more often. That's what I'm a gonna do.

3 comments:

Andrea Mack said...

That's cool. I think it's important to be yourself.

Janet Johnson said...

Great revelation. I think fun is the best way to be. :)

Heidi Willis said...

Welcome back! :)

I'm no good at being popular either, so my blog is all over the place... and sometimes no where. But it's me.