Tuesday, 5 July 2011

News and thoughts

I am mean to this blog. I know it.

But life has taken me by the forehead and slammed me into the wall. I know, I know. I got myself into this craziness! So I'm just flowing as much as I can and dealing with the rest.

Mostly by Dr Pepper and M&Ms.

I have a lot of random news, but nothing like super amazing. I'm having a signing in Berlin at my favorite indie. I have a big talk coming up (perhaps?) as soon as we finalize everything. I pick up my book's bookmarks today. And beautiful posters my hubs made for the signing. Insane.

LOKI IS WALKING. Well, practically. She does so much! It's so amazing to say to myself, 'Holy cow, I COOKED THAT UP. And she is amazing!' (It's all her daddy's doing). She has a new babysitter!

My revisions are finally starting to come along! I had to stop being a diva and saying that I needed so-and-so long every day to do them, and just accept the fact that it needed to happen in the in between times. So I'm doing that.

And damn if I don't think that this has the potential to be a really, really good book. As long as I keep my eye on the prize and stay patient.

That is my worst problem right now, staying patient. I get anxious and want to cut in line, but the line cuts back. It's a real problem but I'm really trying to be better.

2 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

But see, that's why you're so heroic to me -- you give yourself little checks along the way to remember to be patient even though you feel like you're gonna explode! Trust yourself-- the next book is going to be very VERY good. You've done it before and you can do it again!

(and it really is incredible when you kid starts walking. Enjoy!)

Heidi Willis said...

I've been neglecting my blog, too, and just trying to stay afloat on the things that are crucial. Not that I'm doing so well at it, but I'm trying. :)

Wish I could be there for the book party. I know you are not a picture person, but make sure someone is there who is. I want pics!! It's the only way I'll get to attend!

Love the Loki! Walking... oh my! It's the beginning of the end! Or is that the end of the beginning? In any case, I always have though each stage is THE BEST!! And when I don't think we can top it, they always get a little older and I love it even more. :)