Thursday, 4 August 2011

The OKLAHOMA SHOWDOWN Begins!

Hey you guys!

I'm super excited to announce that the OKLAHOMA SHOWDOWN has begun!

Well great, you say. What is it again?

I wanted to throw a state-wide party for kids that have read my book. They'll write up a short Lookbook entry (basically a diary page) of some aspect of life on a farm. Their classes will vote on the best one, and the winning classes will get some MAD prizes! We're coming to Oklahoma in November to personally deliver them, too!

If I'm sparse on the blog, it's because all my energies are 100% focused on this little endeavor. :-) I want it to be a success!

4 comments:

Dawn Ius said...

What a great idea! I hope it's the party of the century :-)

Heidi Willis said...

Good luck with it!! I hope it brings Possum Summer to many kids who will read and cherish it for years to come!

Awaken said...

Ms. Blom,

I am Nancy Kunsman, and I am organizing our OCTE fall conference. We are looking for speakers for sessions. Would you be interested in visiting with Oklahoma teachers about writing and your literature? Each session runs about 45 minutes. Sorry to put this on your blog, but I didn't know how to get in touch with you.

Awaken said...

My email address is nancykunsman@gmail.com

I learned about you from Darla Tresner and Deb Brown.