Tuesday, 10 January 2012

DONE! DONE! DONE!

I haven't had much to say about this revision other than it kicking my butt. It was hard to do, for some reason, which is the funny thing. I mean, I'm a HORSE PERSON. I love horses. Why all the whinging and fuss about REVISING A HORSE BOOK?!

Well. It's a different thing writing something that your editor wants and you know will be good, and not the "horsie!!" lust drivel you have had in your head for ages. Frankly, this revision was like pulling teeth. But I showed up every day, and I put my hours in, and I do believe it's better than it was before.

I'm DONE with the revision, baby!!

Done!

What a nice thing to write. Now I just have to adjust the first couple chapters some, add some bits and pieces, read thru it and then deliver to my betas. I'm going to have it done ON TIME!

The relief, it burns!

So now I'm off to pick up the kid and a Dr Pepper and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Because I DESERVE IT.

YAHOOOO!!!!

3 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Damn right you deserve!

I think it might have been hard to revise simply from having so much to think about. It is hard to focus!

Looking forward to seeing this version!!!

vic caswell (aspiring-x) said...

YAHOOOO!!!!
good job!

Heidi Willis said...

I'm sure it is brilliant!

Who ever thought it would actually be harder to write AFTER getting the agent, publisher, and contract??